16 Apr 2018, 9am
16 Apr 2018, 10am
Catching Breath – when identity is hidden beneath the veil of time, do we dare to lift, dare to reveal the past, the known and unknown, the mystery.
Inspired by the work of Australian Artist, Brook Andrew, Yorta Yorta composer Deborah Cheetham presents the premiere of her latest work, Catching Breath.
Catching Breath is the title of unique tapestry which resides in Australian High Commission in Singapore. It is one of nine tapestries, created by the Australian Tapestry Workshop, for Australian Embassies around the world.
Featuring the veiled image of an unnamed Aboriginal Man from the turn of the 19th century the original tapestry invites us to challenge the notion of the undifferentiated other. In a concert which also celebrates the 160th anniversary of Puccini's birth, Cheetham gives voice to the unnamed Aboriginal Man, bringing him to life as he takes his place alongside Puccini’s greatest heroes and heroines.
For more information about the original artwork and the Australian Embassy Tapestries visit www.austapestry.com.au
Approximately 1 hour 30 minutes
Rating / Age Limit
- No admission for infants in arms and children below 13 years old.
- Patron 13 years and above must purchase ticket for entry.
- Admission is subject to tickets produced at the entrance.
Late Seating Advisory:
- Please be seated 15 minutes before the performance start time.
- There will be no admission into the venue once the performance has commenced.
- Admission may only be permitted during a suitable pause, depending on the nature of the performance.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No Photography, Video recording and Audio recording is permitted for this event