21 Mar 2019, 2pm
21 Mar 2019, 2pm
One way to recharge yourself is to take a short getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life. Here’s a good way - soak yourself in the peaceful chants of Buddha Amitabha. The renowned Tibetan monk H.E. Garchen Rinpoche who embodies great compassion leads the retreat this year. He travels tirelessly from West to East in his old age for the sole purpose of teaching the methods to take rebirth in the Pure Land.
Why is this so? Very often, people seek advice from him on their problems and issues in life. This is referred to as the arising of suffering and that suffering can be ceased with experiential and mindfulness practice based on the meditation on Buddha Amitabha. In the sessions with Rinpoche, we will be able to explore the liminal space where the limits of our capacity for compassion and renunciation mingle with the territory of pain and suffering for which we have yet to find a resolution. We will be able to explore our own path to deeper understanding and a great capacity for liberating the pain and suffering of oneself and other beings.
The insightful integration of wisdom and compassion clarifies the distinction between our suffering, thoughts, emotions, projections and the actuality. Within that clarity, we can then experience genuine compassion from within for ourselves and others. This impactful yet easy to practice method for cultivating loving kindness and wisdom-based compassion allows effective projection towards peace and well-being for the universe in return.
For more information, please visit http://www.amidewa-retreat.com or follow 100 Million Ami Dewa Recitation Retreat on Facebook.
Click Here For MICE Convention Centre Conditions of Entry
English & Simplified Chinese
Approximately 12 hours
Rating / Age Limit
- Children below 12 years old may be admitted free of charge provided they do not occupy a seat (they must be seated on the lap of a parent or guardian).
- Children aged 12 years old and above must purchase a ticket for admission.
- All children below 12 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- Photography, Video and Audio recording are allowed for this event.
Through Marina Bay Sands Channels & SISTIC Channels
Student / Senior (Aged 60 and above)
- 4 Day Pass - S$100
- Applicable for Students with valid student pass and Senior citizens 60 years old & above
- Valid from 21 Mar 2019 onwards